Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A night with Banana Fritters

Creative Emergency Cooking is the term I used to explain the way I cook in my daily life. Let's call it C.E.K., a cooking style which is mostly based on limited ingredients and totally focused on taste rather than the look. 

I started enjoying cooking chemistry when I was in college, realizing the limited taste I can only find at the campus cafeteria. I fell into a learning how to cook autodidact, accidentally cooking to be more specific as terming my learning style. Always cook with whatever ingredients and tools I have, of course its probably based on budget wise as well. Since then, never in my life that I cook 100% based on the original recipe. 

I do believe that I still have lots of information to write here in order to describe more detail about my style of cooking. But, since I am still having my extreme lazy state, I don't feel I have enough motivation to exercise that in this blog right now. Anyway, tonight since I can't even close my eyes to sleep, I am gonna start writing on some of my C.E.K. creations in the kitchen.




Based on my thoroughly thought, Indonesian banana fritters will be the first recipe that I am going to describe here as part of my kitchen creations. I have always been craving for this particular snacks since I arrived in the U.S., it's a very tasty and light snacks that will go along with my study time. Though it's an easy-made snacks, never in my life want to try making it. Anyway, I finally able to make this food on my own by using these ingredients; riped bananas, all purpose flour, sugar, salt, water and oil for frying. These ingredients will be processed in this particular order. 
  1. Smash the bananas in a bowl with any tools you have (I used a glass, lol)
  2. Mix it with flour, sugar, pinch of salt and water (till a thick consistency)
  3. Taste it, if it tastes sweet enough then it's ready to fry
  4. Fry the mixed dough in a fry pan with a 1-2 inch oil.
  5. Wait till it golden brown then pick and drain it with a paper towel.
  6. Ready to serve
There you go!! It's an easy way to get a home-made snack for your study time. It's best served with a warm tea or coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment